(Contact Info: larry at larryblakeley.com)
Important Note: You will need to click this icon to download the free needed to view most of the images on this Web site - just a couple of clicks and you're "good to go." For reasons why - go here.
A listing and access link to all:
song lyrics and mp3 audio files http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/songs/ (all of which are a part of this Web site) can be accessed simply by selecting the "htm" file for the song you want;
quotations http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/quotations.htm; and
essays written by Larry Blakeley http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/articles/articles_larry_blakeley.htm,
all of which are used to tell the story in this Web site, can be accessed by going to each respective link set out above.
My son, Larry Blakeley http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/larryblakeley_photos_jpeg.htm manages this Web site.
Major Roy James Blakeley (December 10, 1928 - July 22, 1965) - USAF (KIA)
When I was young my dad would say
Come on son let's go out and play
No matter how hard I try
No matter how many tears I cry
No matter how many years go by
I still can't say goodbye
- "I Still Can't Say Goodbye," Performer: Chet Atkins
MP3 audio file/lyrics http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/songs/still_cant_say_goodbye.htm
For a larger image click on the photograph.
- The National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) http://www.nano.gov/index.html is a federal R&D program established to coordinate the multiagency efforts in nanoscale science, engineering, and technology.
Federal agencies that participate in the National Nanotechnology Initiative under the auspices of the Nanoscale Science, Engineering and Technology (NSET) Subcommittee of the National Science and Technology Council. http://www.nano.gov/html/about/nniparticipants.html
- "Statement for the Record on Nanotechnology," Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, May 1, 2003 http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/articles/monthly_articles/statement_nanotechnology_NIH20030501.htm
If your interest is in molecular nanotechnology ("Molecular nanotechnology: Thorough, inexpensive control of the structure of matter based on molecule-by-molecule control of products and byproducts of molecular manufacturing.," K.Eric Drexler, Chris Peterson, Gayle Pergamit, Foresight Institute) then the following Web pages should get you started:
Foresight Institute http://www.foresight.org/ - Foresight Institute's goal is to guide emerging technologies to improve the human condition. Foresight focuses its efforts upon nanotechnology, the coming ability to build products—of any size—with atomic precision. Foresight Institute® is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Dr. Ralph Merkle http://www.merkle.com/
- Distinguished Professor of Computing, Georgia Tech College of Computing http://www.cc.gatech.edu/, GTISC http://www.cc.gatech.edu/
- Vice President, Technology Assessment, Foresight Institute
Nanotechnology http://www.kurzweilai.net/meme/frame.html?main=memelist.html?m=18%23608, Ray Kurzweil http://www.kurzweiltech.com/aboutray.html, Kurzweil Technologies, Inc. (KTI) is a research and development company developing and marketing technologies in pattern recognition, artificial intelligence, evolutionary algorithms, signal processing, simulation of natural processes, and related areas. http://www.kurzweiltech.com/ktihome.html
- "The Drexler-Smalley Debate on Molecular Assembly," December 1, 2003 http://www.kurzweilai.net/meme/frame.html?main=/articles/art0604.html